Monday, November 10, 2014

C4T for November

C4T
Mrs. Ripp's post was a Google Presentation on blogging. Her presentation consisted of her students, rules, and reasons her students enjoy blogging. Here is her blog, it is very interesting and helpful.

My comment:
"Hi I'm Alex Odell and I'm a student in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed your presentation. There are so many aspects to blogging that not everyone knows. I like the fact that you included your students in this presentation, I bet they enjoyed it. I also like the rules for the Internet you posted in your classroom. I feel that even if a class doesn't utilize the technology like you are, students should be taught these guidelines because they will eventually have to use the Internet for research. I have enjoyed looking at your students' blog; they seem really excited to be blogging. It's great to see such enthusiasm about blogging. Your students are excited about getting to express their opinion, and I am happy to see you are excited and encouraging it. Have a good semester!"



C4T
Mrs. Ripp's post was about her actually doing the work a couple of days ahead of the students. She tells us that she didn't understand why everyone was groaning about the work she had handed them until she sat down and did it herself. She realized her mistake and found a new way for the students to learn.

My Comment:
Hi Mrs. Ripp. I'm Alex from the University of South Alabama. I'm in EDM 310 and I will be summarizing your post in my blog. I think teachers should do the work they hand out. If they do not find it fun and educational then chances are the students may not. I will be doing my part in "practicing what I preach" by doing the work before them. I have really enjoyed your blog! Very enlightening and useful for my teaching career.

C4T:
Eric Langhorst shares a new app called "Living History." This brings history to you on your smart phone at the Kansas City Union Station. It shows you the events that happened at the station and the likely steps taken by the people in those events. Being from Mobile, a very history rich city, I believe this could benefit our town with tourism and a better appreciation for our city.

My Comment:
Hi Eric! I'm Alex Odell and I'm in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I hope this app spreads to Mobile. We have a rich history and I personally would love to know whose foot steps I'm walking in. It's amazing what technology is being used for, so I am happy something educational is being created for adults and people that just enjoy history. I have a History bucket list and this is now added to it. Thank you for sharing!


C4T:
Ken Halla's latest post was about Quizlet. He advocates student use of it to learn vocabulary words. He does, however, he does emphasize the students need to know more than vocabulary. As a Quizlet user, I didn't know about the different learning games available.

My Comment:
Hi Ken, I'm Alex Odell and I am in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I am a believer in Quizlet. I use Quizlet to study now, but I use the vocab to study the who, what, when, where, why, and the significance. If you use the cards right and you know what the teacher wants then you will be studying to your best ability.

Like wildflowers; You must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would. -E.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment